Assisted Living Facilities in Shelby County, Iowa
We've located the best assisted living communities in Shelby County, Iowa. All of the assisted living facilities and homes in this list provide daily living assistance to elderly senior citizens. This list of facilities includes various care levels, including senior living and assisted living communities in Shelby County, IA area.
While looking for assisted retirement living in Harlan, Iowa, you will likely find Elm Crest Retirement Community, situated at 2108 12th Street in the 51537 zip code area in Shelby County. Elm Crest Retirement Community provides help to 55 and over adults living in Harlan who are searching for help with bathing and showering, putting on clothes, sitting and standing up, feeding themselves, personal hygiene and going to the bathroom. Elm Crest Retirement Community includes amenities such as: private apartments, secure entry and a communal kitchen area.
Country Care Center is an affordable assisted living facility that allows pets, situated at Harlan, Iowa. It has a total of 40 assisted living units. Country Care Center can be found at 725 Highway 59, in the 51537 zip code area. It helps 55 and over adults living in Shelby County with ADLs that include taking shower, putting on clothes, functional mobility, styling their hair and toilet hygiene. A few of the amenities you can find at Country Care Center include a special menu for retirees who have diabetes, large dining room, arts & crafts room and welcoming visiting hours.
Common Amenities Found in Assisted Living in Shelby County, IA
Seniors who are searching for assisted living in Shelby County area of Iowa can routinely find the following amenities present in many facilities:
- Religious services for Christian Shelby County senior citizens
- Religious accommodations for Catholics
- Services for Jewish seniors, including Kosher food
- Pet friendly units, as well as pet therapy
- Wheelchair and disabled / handicapped access
- Assisted living units for couples, both married and unmarried
- Accommodations for Shelby County blind or visually impaired seniors with glaucoma / cataracts
- Special care for Parkinson's, dementia, Alzheimer's and diabetes
- Special services for Shelby County deaf and hearing impaired seniors
- Caregiving services for various health problems, such as after stroke, after heart attack, high blood pressure
- Both smoking and non-smoking areas
Not all amenities are available in every assisted living facility in Shelby County, IA. Call to confirm any special amenities and services your loved one needs.
Assisted Living Facilities near Shelby County, Iowa
- Assisted Living in Polk County, IA
- Assisted Living in Linn County, IA
- Assisted Living in Scott County, IA
- Assisted Living in Blackhawk County, IA
- Assisted Living in Story County, IA
- Assisted Living in Dubuque County, IA
- Assisted Living in Johnson County, IA
- Assisted Living in Pottawattamie County, IA
- Assisted Living in Woodbury County, IA
- Assisted Living in Sioux County, IA
- Assisted Living in Warren County, IA
- Assisted Living in O'Brien County, IA
- Assisted Living in Clayton County, IA
- Assisted Living in Dallas County, IA
- Assisted Living in Butler County, IA
More assisted living options in Shelby County, IA:
If your loved one lives in Shelby County and needs care for dementia, please consider browsing our listings of dementia care in Shelby County, IA which provides secured memory care units.
Talk to an assisted living advisor. 100% free, no obligation information.(888) 923-6007